[OWASP-Portland] Fwd: [ISSA PDX] Portland Training options - Fall edition

bhushan.gupta at comcast.net bhushan.gupta at comcast.net
Mon Jul 31 22:03:29 UTC 2017

CISSP Prep course at PCC if you are interested. This course is taught by two very knowledgeable instructors.
Bhushan

To: issa-members at portland.issa.org

I have not written for a while. Things have been busy. Hopefully you are enjoying the warm summer. I have a few updates for this Fall. Three different sources of local training for you, your fellow colleagues and friends!

CISSP Prep course at PCC , back by popular demand!

James Trumper and I are hosting CISSP Prep Course again through PCC this Fall! This is a 10-week course with 40 hours of class time. The goal of the class is to prepare for, and take the CISSP test directly after the course. Last year's course was a great success and we hope you can join us this year. So please pass around to anyone you know interested in a guided, in-depth study of the 8 CISSP domains! A big focus of the class is reviewing practice exams and discussing tips and tricks. We cover all the details as well. This year we are adding a supplemental text, the Syngress CISSP Study Guide.

Register now, before it sells out! This is the least expensive CISSP course offered in the area!

The class is found: https://www.pcc.edu/schedule/default.cfm?fa=dspCourse2&thisTerm=201704&crsCode=CEU3654&subjCode=CEU&crsNum=3654&topicCode=INTAX&subtopicCode=%20

SANS

SANS periodically offers courses locally in Portland and I am instructing one of them this year! There are 2 courses coming up, starting in September:

    * SEC301: Intro to Information Security - Sept 18 - 22. This course is designed for entry level Information Security professionals. Please pass this on to anyone needing an introduction to Information Security in your organization or anyone you know!
    * SEC401: Security Essentials Bootcamp Style - Nov 27 - Dec 2. This is a much more in depth course for those with good understanding of computers and wanting that edge in Information Security. I am teaching this course! Please pass this on to anyone you know interested in in-depth Information Security Essentials.

OWASP Training Day - Oct 4th

Last year the local OWASP chapter sponsored a 1 day training course with 4 half-day tracks. This year we have expanded to 6 half-day courses! Last year these sold out in 48 hours, so stay tuned for more information and be ready! More to come...

Sharing is caring ;)

Please share these links and opportunities with as many as you can. The more attendees, the more courses SANS will make local, saving us travel costs and valuable time! If you are interested in participating? maybe sharing your experience or projects? There are opportunities to help out and help other members grow. Each of you has skills that others may not. Contact me to discuss how you can present at local chapter meetings or contribute to the next training event.

Cheers.

--
Brian Ventura
water at bighead.org