[Owasp-portland] FLOSSHack Details and Potential Targets

Wil Clouser clouserw at gmail.com
Thu May 10 18:31:24 UTC 2012

The options they were looking at to allow groups to use the space in
the evenings/weekends for a reduced rate didn't pass the board vote so
that is out.  As a member, I can sponsor 2 hours of meeting time this
month for the OWASP meeting, anything over that hits the regular
$35/hour rate.  I know we were talking about a longer get together so
I'm not sure if that'll work or not.  Timothy, did you investigate
getting any funds from OWASP?

Regarding Ushahidi, it sounds like they've been making progress with
their security group.  Some details are at
http://wiki.ushahidi.com/display/WIKI/Security+Working+Group including
the submission process (emailing them).  Security issues are published
publicly at http://security.ushahidi.com/

I'm still figuring out if they'd like to be present (live or virtual)
at our meeting but I think the next steps here are to determine where
and when we want to do this and how many people will show up.  Towards
that end, I think scheduling online last time had good feedback, so I
made a link we can schedule with:
http://www.doodle.com/mu3486diwmrarpb4

It's tough to find a good day so I threw some variety in there but
it's by no means official - if everyone can find another good day or
you want me to add one to the list just let me know, I just wanted to
get the ball rolling.  We talked about meeting for 2-4 hours in an
evening, so figure 6pm or so on whatever day?

Also, did anyone else play with the virtual machine?  Any trouble
getting it up and running?

Cheers,

Wil