[Owasp-portland] continuing ed

Matthew Lapworth matthewl at bit-shift.net
Mon Jun 25 20:15:04 UTC 2012

I'm a web dev & have the CISSP. I did the self-study route using Shon
Harris' book and found the test to be fairly easy. You could easily do the
self-study route in the evening and not burn up all your free time. Then
just schedule the test and you're golden.

As for justification, if you have to interface with engineers or other
process driven people at your company it'll help you manage those
interactions with a security hat on. Also, as  your coming up with new
feature requests you'll be able to better evaluation the security of those
requests and make suggestions to improve the security posture of the
feature before it goes into development, where it's cheaper to fix.

HTH,
Matthew

--
Matthew Lapworth
http://www.bit-shift.net

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.
  - Aristotle