[Owasp-portland] Greetings

Timothy D. Morgan tmorgan-owasp at vsecurity.com
Sat Nov 12 12:42:18 EST 2011

Welcome Matthew!

Hi Wes, everyone:

Actually, we have had 2 meetings!

AJ and I have had a heck of a time finding people who are interested in
speaking or leading discussions.  In our recent discussions, we were
hoping to line up at least 3 speakers and then begin holding meetings
quarterly, in the hope that would give us enough time to start filling
the queue with more topics/speakers.

We would love it if people wanted to help out with herding speakers or
have things they want to hold a meeting on.  There's no requirement that
speakers have any kind of formal slides or presentation materials.  A
white board and some passion about a topic for discussion is all that's
needed.

It would probably help if we can get some discussions started here on
the mailing list about various application security topics that interest
folks.  That may lead to people coming up with more specific items they
want to discuss or present in person.

Let us know if you have other ideas for getting the chapter going again.
tim