[Owasp-portland] January Get together

Timothy D. Morgan tmorgan-owasp at vsecurity.com
Mon Dec 19 19:10:25 UTC 2011

Hi Matthew,

> Thanks to those of you who showed up for the meeting last week. How about
> for our next meeting, we get together at Hopworks Urban Brewery on SE
> Powell towards the end of January. We can discuss what we'd like 2012 to
> look like, how often we'd like to meet and where is it most convenient for
> people to meet.
>
> Let me know what you think.

Sure, I'd be up for a meeting toward the end of January.

As for the venue, I'm fine with that location as well, but have you
discussed this with Hopworks at all?  I think generally for more
official gatherings most restaurants like to have a head's up.

In the past, local groups like the PLUG have been able to get
restaurants to provide free private rooms on a monthly basis, presumably
on their less busy nights.  They've managed to get AV equipment set up
and everything (though I think they probably brought some of their own).
 I'm not sure how difficult that would be to do, finding a venue with a
private room... Any thoughts on that for the future?

tim