[Owasp-phoenix] May 2015 Meeting Announcement!

Bradley O'Hearne brado at bighillsoftware.com
Mon May 4 16:09:16 UTC 2015

On Tue, Apr 14, 2015 at 12:14 AM, Joaquin Fuentes <joaquin.fuentes at owasp.org <mailto:joaquin.fuentes at owasp.org>> wrote:
> Dear Owasp-phoenix Subscribers,
> I'm excited to announce the next Phoenix OWASP chapter meeting, which will be held at UAT (Room #205) on Tuesday, May 05, 2015.  Please put this on your calendars and join us while we revive the chapter.  Let's keep the great momentum going since CactusCon; it was awesome seeing the community again.

All,

I’m excited as well. I just recently joined the group and saw (and heard from someone else) that the status of the group was unknown, possibly defunct or getting there, so I’m happy to see some renewed energy from those interested. A brief introduction of myself — I’ve been a software developer for 23 years, and for the past 7 years, had a small mobile app development shop in Gilbert (Big Hill Software). In 2008 I founded the Phoenix iOS Developer Group and hosted it for two years — during which time we grew our group/list membership to over 700 and were getting around 40 people to monthly meetings around the time I handed off the reins. During that time the group got good attention / exposure from the AZ Republic, Phoenix Business Journal, and Apple themselves, as we were invited into 4 of their 5 area retail stores for demos and business workshops. All in all, that was a great ride, and it is a lot of fun to be with a user group where there’s interest and energy.

As my career has landed me in the security area several times, I’m now ramping to begin offering security-related consulting and services, so I’ve been immersing myself in the local security community. I was at CactusCon and enjoyed it thoroughly. I am really looking forward to attending the meeting Tuesday and meeting anyone who attends.

Cheers,

Brad

Brad O'Hearne
Founder/Lead Developer