[Owasp-phoenix] May 2015 Meeting Announcement!

Andre Gironda andre at operations.net
Sun May 3 01:16:13 UTC 2015

On Tue, Apr 14, 2015 at 12:14 AM, Joaquin Fuentes <joaquin.fuentes at owasp.org
> wrote:

> Dear Owasp-phoenix Subscribers,
> I'm excited to announce the next Phoenix OWASP chapter meeting, which will
> be held at UAT (Room #205) on Tuesday, May 05, 2015.  Please put this on
> your calendars and join us while we revive the chapter.  Let's keep the
> great momentum going since CactusCon; it was awesome seeing the community
> again.

Joaquin and others,

Tuesdays are going to be bad for me, including this week, and ultimately,
forever. Excited about reviving the chapter and hope to see other events,
or other days of the week where events will be switched to or planned for.

A few years ago when the chapter was AWESOME (thanks to Pete R, Andrew W,
etc), Skyler B couldn't attend on Tuesdays, which left a gap in our
community. If I do end up becoming a similar gap -- I hope that others rise
to the occasion and attend these excellent networking and learning
opportunities afforded to you by the OWASP community.

 Title: iOS App Attack and Defense (OWASP Mobile Top 10 Edition) Presenter:
> Seth Law
> (https://github.com/nVisium/Swift.nV).

See, now I'm really mad that I can't come with my Apple Watch. Had so many
questions about the WatchKit apps (watch-side) and extensions
(iDevice-side), especially around InterfaceController.swift,
awakeWithContext, labels, and image/table views. It makes me wonder if the
model presentation mode will be subject to UI redress attacks -- especially
with the rich Notification capabilities
(WKUserNotificationInterfaceController class). Curious if the flash is
encrypted since the App Groups allow files to pass between the devices.
Last, but not least, very curious about how the Apple Watch implements NFC,
EMV, and Apple Pay -- http://security.stackexchange.com/a/86352/140

If you have time later this week, I'll be at The Stockyards for an
open-networking event hosted by Cigital, Thursday, May 7th, starting at
6PM. The address is 5009 E Washington St, Phoenix, 85034. If anyone shows,
then perhaps we can discuss hosting on-going, open-networking
professional's happy-hour OWASP events on first-of-the-month Thursdays
going forward.

Not trying to steal Joaquin's thunder, but I do like to stir up the pot
(and trying to leverage lessons learned from our past Phoenix OWASP
failings). OWASP Austin (at least when I lived there) did host two separate
events: one during the day (lunch 'n learn style) at a corporate HQ -- and
a separate, professional's happy-hour meetup at a local Irish bar. Any
thoughts or comments are welcome.

All my best,
Andre