[OWASP-Philadelphia] Job Posting, Amazon.com: Seattle, WA
zebb at amazon.com
Fri Apr 29 18:38:11 EDT 2011
I would like to post this opportunity to the group. Please let me know if this isn't the right place. Thanks!
Do you want to make online shopping safer worldwide, one secure application at a time? If you are passionate about security and software development come join the application security team here at Amazon.com!
Please contact me directly with interest or questions. zebb at amazon.com<mailto:zebb at amazon.com>.
Application Security Engineer
Amazon.com is looking for expert Application Security Engineers to ensure that our websites, services and applications are designed and implemented to the highest standards. If you enjoy analyzing the security of applications and services, discovering and addressing security issues and quickly reacting to new threat scenarios, this position will provide you with a challenging opportunity. You will participate in security audits, risk analysis, vulnerability testing and security reviews across all elements of Amazon.com's software systems.
Key tasks include:
* Work with development teams to carry out Application Security Reviews
* Provide expert advice and consultancy to internal customers on risk assessment, threat modeling and fixing vulnerabilities
* Design, implement and support security-focused tools and services
* Develop security policies and procedures
* Participate in security compliance efforts (e.g., PCIDSS)
* Evangelize security within Amazon.com and be an advocate for customer trust
* Develop training materials for general security awareness and specific security technology training
* Evaluate new and emerging security products and technologies
* Participate in tier 2 and tier 3 security operations support
* Carry out acquisition and vendor risk assessment due diligence
* BS in Computer Science or equivalent required
* Several years of application security experience
* Several years experience in vulnerability testing and auditing
* Experience working with development team(s) that delivered commercial software or software-based services (development, QA testing, or security role)
* Solid experience and technical knowledge in security engineering, system and network security, authentication and security protocols, cryptography, and application security
* Knowledge of threat modeling or other risk identification techniques
* Knowledge of system security vulnerabilities and remediation techniques
* Development experience in Java, C++ or C
* Scripting skills (e.g., Perl, Python shell scripting)
* Knowledge of network and web related protocols (e.g., TCP/IP, UDP, IPSEC, HTTP, HTTPS, routing protocols)
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Excellent teamwork skills
* Results oriented, high energy, self-motivated
Zeb Blalock | Recruiter | Talent Acquisition | Amazon
E: zebb at amazon.com<mailto:jcsmith at amazon.com> P: 206.266.9846 C: 425.466.1360
Work hard. Have fun. Make history.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the OWASP-Philadelphia