[Owasp-pantera] Installing pyOpenSSL-04win32-py20.exe

Paul Dickens paul.dickens at iop.org
Fri Mar 16 06:16:08 EDT 2007

Thanks for the info

I tried it but still didn't reach my goal of running Pantera!

However your suggested install of pyOpenSSL did work but only after
installing Python2.2 where the Pantera documentation recommends use of
Python2.4! So I looked at dependancies for P24 and found the following
batch file. Even after editing that it did not work.

BATCH FILE
rem Runme.bat for Pantera - Web Assessment Studio (WAS)

PATH=%PATH%
echo "Running Win32 Pantera"
c:\python22\python pantera.py

ERROR
C:\Pantera_Release_0.1.3\Pantera_Release_0.1.3>echo "Running Win32
Pantera"
"Running Win32 Pantera"

C:\Pantera_Release_0.1.3\Pantera_Release_0.1.3>c:\python22\python
pantera.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "pantera.py", line 61, in ?
    import panteraLib
  File "panteraLib.py", line 53, in ?
    import panterautils
  File "panterautils.py", line 58, in ?
    import pantera
  File "pantera.py", line 62, in ?
    import panteraUI
  File "panteraUI.py", line 66, in ?
    import sets
ImportError: No module named sets

C:\Pantera_Release_0.1.3\Pantera_Release_0.1.3>

Thanks for your help

Paul

"Daniel P.F" <metalslug at hacktimes.com>
15/03/2007 15:26

owasp-pantera at lists.owasp.org
cc
Paul Dickens <paul.dickens at iop.org>
Subject
Re: [Owasp-pantera] Installing pyOpenSSL-04win32-py20.exe

Hi:

There is another package for windows. You can try with this one
pyOpenSSL-0.4.1.win32-py2.2.exe

http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=31249&package_id=23298&release_id=69237

or you can try to build pyOpenSSL module from the source
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=31249&package_id=23298&release_id=260375

Instructions here: http://pyopenssl.sourceforge.net/INSTALL

I assume you already have installed OpenSLL.
(just in case http://www.slproweb.com/products/Win32OpenSSL.html)

Good luck ;)

--
http://metal.hacktimes.com
"Anyone who has lost track of time when using a computer

This email (and attachments) are confidential and intended for the addressee(s) only. If you are not the intended recipient please notify the sender, delete any copies and do not take action in reliance on it. Any views expressed are the author's and do not represent those of IOP, except where specifically stated. IOP takes reasonable precautions to protect against viruses but accepts no responsibility for loss or damage arising from virus infection. For the protection of IOP's systems and staff emails are scanned automatically.

IOP Publishing Limited Registered in England under Registration No 467514. Registered Office: Dirac House, Temple Back, Bristol BS1 6BE England
Vat No GB 461 6000 84.