[Owasp-pantera] Error in pantera.py?

tcrow at corpone.org tcrow at corpone.org
Tue Nov 7 07:06:19 EST 2006

Good morning!

I used rpm -qa | grep python to get these version numbers:

libxml2-python-2.6.16-6
python-devel-2.3.4-14.2
python-2.3.4-14.2
dbus-python-0.22-12.EL.7
python-elementtree-1.2.6-4
gnome-python2-bonobo-2.6.0-3
gnome-python2-canvas-2.6.0-3
python-sqlite-1.1.6-1
rpm-python-4.3.3-18_nonptl.1
gnome-python2-2.6.0-3
mod_python-3.1.3-5.1
gnome-python2-gtkhtml2-2.6.0-3
python-ldap-2.0.1-2

I doubt all of them are relevant, but figured I'd err on the side of
overkill.

Please let me know if you need anything else.

Thank you!

Terrance A. Crow
AVP Technology
Corporate One Federal Credit Union
ph: 614/825-9316 | fax: 614.825.9201
http://www.corpone.org

             owasp-pantera-bou
             nces at lists.owasp.
             org                                                        To
                                       owasp-pantera at lists.owasp.org
             11/06/06 02:44 PM                                          cc

                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: [Owasp-pantera] Error in
                                       pantera.py?

Hi Terrance

thanks for the detailed email :)

This issue was reported last week on MacOS.

Pantera was develop in WinXP and Fedora Linux and the error never pop-up.

I'm currently checking the problem but I dont use MacOS or Oracle
Enterprise Linux so it may be related to python distro.

What version of python are you using?

That line is a basic python optimization, to improve performance, and
there are similar optimizations along the code but the issue is just that
particular line.

When I got some free time I will check that piece of code!

Sincerely,

Simon Roses Femerling

> Good afternoon!
>
> I am trying to get Pantera running for the first time and have run into
> what appears to be a minor issue.
>
> I've installed Pantera on a freshly built Oracle Enterprise Linux system
> (more details below). I think I've installed all of the pre-requisites.
> When I run "python pantera.py" from a terminal session, I get this error:
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File “pantera.py”, line 63, in ?
>     import panteraLib
>   File “/home/tcrow/pantera/panteraLib.py”, line 53, in ?
>     import panterautils
>   File “/home/tcrow/pantera/panterautils.py”, line 58, in ?
>     import pantera
>   File “/home/tcrow/pantera/pantera.py”, line 64, in ?
>     import panteraUI
>   File “/home/tcrow/pantera/panteraUI.py”, line 83, in ?
>     import panteraPlugins
>   File “/home/tcrow/pantera/panteraPlugins.py”, line 458
>     remove(c for c in self.plugin_list if c == d)
>
> The “carrot” was under the r in for.
>
> When I comment out line 458 in panteraPlugins.py, Pantera seems to start
> okay -- though since I don't know Python, I don't know if that line's
> critical to Pantera's operation.
>
> I'm running on Oracle Enterprise Linux (64-bit version) on a Sun Ultra 20
> with a single Operton processor and 4Gb of RAM. The OS is roughly the
> same
> as Red Hat Enterprise Linux Version 4 Update 4 Enterprise Server. I think
> have the pre-requisites installed (like Python, MySQL 5.x, the MySQL
> wrapper, etc.).
>
> Is this a known issue? Is there other diagnostic information I could
> provide to be helpful?
>
> Thank you!
>
> Terrance A. Crow
> AVP Technology
> Corporate One Federal Credit Union
> ph: 614/825-9316 | fax: 614.825.9201
> http://www.corpone.org

> NOTICE:
> may contain
> confidential and privileged information.  Any unauthorized review, use,
> disclosure
> or distribution is prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient,
> please contact
> the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.

NOTICE: