[Owasp-ottawa] Junior to Intermediate VA/Pen Tester
sherif.koussa at owasp.org
Tue Mar 24 14:35:32 UTC 2015
RCGT Consulting is looking for some junior to intermediate people to work
in our VA/Pen test consulting practice. I was wondering if you would mind
posting the job description on the OWASP ottawa mailing list? I’ve
included the description below.
RCGT Consulting Inc.’s Security and Privacy group is looking for a VA
Analyst with a burning curiosity and a strong desire to learn, to join our
growing team of industry-recognized professionals. The VA Analyst will work
collaboratively with team members to perform a variety of duties, including:
• Conducting manual and automated security testing through a
defined testing process
• Conducting security audits from both a logical/theoretical
standpoint and technical/hands-on standpoint
• Conducting social engineering and/or physical security
• Preparation/Development of test plans and attack scenarios
• Preparation of clear and concise reports for client
• Proactive research on emerging security threats and provide
reports to internal and external teams
• Assisting in the research and development of security
attacks, including development of tools and scripts
A working knowledge (i.e. theoretical and applied) of IT security concepts,
issues and countermeasures, at the application, web, network and host level
must be demonstrated.
Good communications skills (written and verbal) with strong sense of
responsibility and ability to communicate with all levels of staff and
management are also essential.
Candidate must be able to obtain Government of Canada Secret Clearance
Knowledge/experience in one or several of the following areas is an asset:
• Experience conducting vulnerabilities assessments and
articulating security issues to technical and non-technical audience
• Knowledge of tools and processes used to expose common
vulnerabilities and implement countermeasures
• Experience using open source and commercial vulnerability
• Experience in Web development and programming languages i.e.
Java/J2EE, .NET, C++, Python, Ruby, etc.
• Experience in IT Infrastructure architecture, maintenance and
Industry-accredited security certifications will be required (the candidate
must have, or be willing to obtain, the following certifications: GIAC,
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Owasp-ottawa