[Owasp-ottawa] Updates on May 12th Event + SANS Offer to OWASP Ottawa

Sherif Koussa sherif.koussa at owasp.org
Wed May 4 10:24:30 EDT 2011

Hi All,

There is a still a chance for the special event on May 12th, *but hurry
because only 7 seats are left*, register
at http://www.eventbrite.com/event/84529831. The event has a new format, new
speakers, new timing and new venue,
you don't want to miss this. *This is the biggest event OWASP Ottawa
organized so far*, register now at http://www.eventbrite.com/event/84529831

Also, SANS reached to us with a special promotion to the members, 700$
discount on some SANS courses in Ottawa,
make sure to use the code COINS10 when you register, details below:

* <http://www.sans.org/community>*

SANS returns to Ottawa to host our most popular technical course - SANS
Hacker Techniques, Exploits & Incident Handling - at Community SANS Ottawa,
June 20-25, 2011.  For complete event details, please visit (
http://www.sans.org/ottawa-2011-cs-2).

OWASP members are eligible to save over $700 off tuition when you register
by May 11!  See below for discount code and details.

Learn more about this six day course that teaches you to know your enemy by
watching course author Ed Skoudis' description at:

(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erK0d8ZkZrk).  Then join us for this live
training event in Ottawa (http://www.sans.org/ottawa-2011-cs-2).

TRAINING EVENT DETAILS:

When:   June 20-25, 2011

What:   Security 504: SANS Hacker Techniques, Exploits & Incident

              Handling

Where: Cartier Place Suite Hotel

              180 Cooper Street

              Ottawa , ON CA

              Phone: 613-236-5000

       (http://www.suitedreams.com/)

Tuition: $3,160 through , May 11, 2011*

              *OWASP members receive an additional 10% off the above $400
Early Bird savings by entering the discount code COINS10 at the time of
registration.

                This reflects $716 off full tuition!

       (http://www.sans.org/ottawa-2011-cs-2/tuition.php)

CPEs:     36

GIAC Certification: GCIH - GIAC Certified Incident Handler

        (http://www.giac.org/certifications/security/GCIH.php)

THE COMMUNITY SANS ADVANTAGE (http://www.sans.org/info/41114)

The Community SANS format offers the most popular SANS courses in your local
community at a reduced tuition fee.  And as with all SANS courses, the
earlier you register, the more your fee is reduced.

Small class sizes make it easier for you to get the access you need to your
Community SANS instructor who has been trained by SANS Fellows such as Dr.
Eric Cole, Ed Skoudis and Rob Lee.  The small class also makes it much
easier for you to network with your professional peers throughout the five
course days.

SANS promises that you will be able to use what you learn in the classroom
as soon as you return to the office.

For more information, please contact ahogan at sans.org.

Regards,
Sherif