[Owasp-ottawa] Next Meeting Details - Wednesday November 28th - Reminder

Sherif Koussa sherif.fathy at gmail.com
Wed Nov 21 10:30:45 EST 2007

>  Hi All,
>
>     This is a reminder for the next Ottawa OWASP Chapter meeting, please
> keep in mind that you will need to RSVP for this meeting, we would like to
> have everybody but we will not be able to host more than 20 people which is
> the maximum size of the meeting facility, details here:

 Meetings Location

*Elytra Enterprises*: 2625 Queensview Drive, Suite 105.
Map<http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&time=&date=&ttype=&q=2625+Queensview+Drive,+Suite+105,+Ottawa,+Ontario,,+Canada+K2B+8K2&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=50.244827,76.640625&ie=UTF8&z=16&iwloc=addr&om=1>
RSVP

Please RSVP to *owasp.ottawa at gmail.com*. Please include name, company and
how many attendees.
Next Meeting: Wednesday, November 28th, 2007

*Meeting Sponsor: *Rigel Kent Security <http://www.rigelksecurity.com/> [image:
Image:mac-logo.gif]
<http://www.owasp.org/index.php/Image:Mac-logo.gif><http://www.macadamian.com/>
* ***

*Meeting schedule:*

     6:00-6:30 Food and drinks
     6:30-7:30 Main presentation
     7:15-8:00 Open discussion and questions

*Speaker: Erik Klein - Fortify Enterprises*

*Topic : Make My Day - Just Run a Web Scanner:* Countering the Faults of
Typical Web Scanners Through Byte-Code Injection - Bytecode instrumentation
allows a user to inject additional code into an application's binary. This
technique has traditionally been used to measure the runtime performance and
test coverage of Web applications. However, bytecode instrumentation has
other promising uses, including software security. As the overall security
space evolves from the outside-in approach we saw with Web Application
Firewalls in the 1990s, bytecode instrumentation provides the perfect
opportunity to embed security into the application itself. This talk will
provide an overview of bytecode instrumentation, demonstrate how the
technology works, and show some concrete ways it can be used to inject
security features into an application after it has been developed
Retrieved from "http://www.owasp.org/index.php/Ottawa"