[Owasp-oklahoma_city] [Owasp-webgoat] GoatPI

OWASP Oklahoma City owasp-oklahoma_city at lists.owasp.org
Tue May 21 14:54:37 UTC 2013

I am working on a IMG. I really want to include a version of WebGoat on
this. I got it working what I would like to do is create IMG's one would be
a clustered IMG so that a massive amount of PIES can operate as one.
Somehow I would like to be able to switch between this mode. So at any time
you can have 20 separate environments in the HIVE or one big HIVE with 20
ARM cpu's and 10gig of ram. This is Phase 3...

-The IMG is built off of PWNPI its a stripped down wheezy running OPENBOX
for the VM experience.

*Phase 1* establish funding and order the pies and cases for them. The HIVE
case will be manufactured from a laser cut acrylic. Create the IMG
final version 1.0 for the PI's.

*Phase 2* Build out of the HIVE itself power supply to power 20+ PI's and a
wireless router for the PI's to connect to. With the HIVE running you can
issue IP's to the groups for a environment all there own to play on.
(everyone wants to hack each others PI's) to keep sanity you can add or
remove them from the subdomians they are in. The main part of this phase is
to explore the possibility to allow the trainer or HOST to have access (ssh
or more) into all the OWASPi's <------cool name

*Phase 3* Give this thing to everyone!!!! I would like to find a way to
offer this at a LOW LOW cost so if we can produce this to cost less then
50$ thats a huge win but it seems 75$ is more realistic. You have the PI
itself that 35$ power adapter 5$ sd card 4gb 10$ and then a case 12$ Then a
HDMI cable DVI to HDMI 20$.

I'm the sole idea holder for OWASPi <--- COOOL name so anyone that wants to
team up to make this happen please help. I have two PI's right now that I'm
working on we need more to really proof this concept out. I hope the
funding goes through, if not I will find other means. My passion for this
project is driven from the ability to offer people something they can say
OHHH THAT'S HOW IT WORKS. and be able to test other attacks or even build
in safeguards. If something like this was around years ago I know my Pizza
delivery job could buy me one because my parents thought my computer
addiction was bad for my health. This has to happen... Every chapter needs
a HIVE!!! after all we are OWASP!

P.S.

Oklahoma metro was hit with a nasty round of tornado's. My family and
myself are all safe I hope the rest of the OKC Chapter is safe and there
families are safe also. My thoughts go out to the families in MOORE and the
parents, friends, children that lost there lives. Oklahoma is strong and we
will get through this.  [?]

Much Love

Jason Johnson
OWASP OKC