[Owasp-o2-platform] Newbie seeking simple getting started error help

dinis cruz dinis.cruz at owasp.org
Tue Mar 6 18:16:54 UTC 2012

Hi Alex

The issue your are having is quite common, since what is happening is that
you are missing the C# compilation references. Since the idea is to have a
stand-alone compilable C# script, those references (in O2) are provided as
C# Comments.

In the case of your script, you are missing

//O2File:WatiN_IE_ExtensionMethods.cs
//O2Ref:WatiN.Core.1x.dll

Here is what your script should look like

panel.clear();
var ie = panel.add_IE().silent(true);
ie.open("http://www.mywebsite.com");

//O2File:WatiN_IE_ExtensionMethods.cs
//O2Ref:WatiN.Core.1x.dll

Here are a number of O2 blog entries that should help you in writing your
scripts:

   -
   http://o2platform.wordpress.com/2011/07/13/creating-an-api-for-jpetstore-browser-auto/
-
   jpetstore related IE scripts
   -
   http://o2platform.wordpress.com/2011/07/13/writing-an-o2-ie-automation-script-for-jpetstore-account-creation/
-
   jpetstore related IE scripts
   -
   http://o2platform.wordpress.com/2011/07/28/o2-scripting-solving-the-missing-references-compilation-problem-using-fvdl-as-an-example/
-
   a bit long, but explains the problem you where having in detail
   - http://o2platform.wordpress.com/category/java/spring-mvc/jpetstore/ -
   more articles on JPetStore

Note that you can import and reference any .NET DLL. For example here is
how you can access inside an O2 Script the Microsoft's AntiXSS library:

//using Microsoft.Security.Application
//O2Ref:AntiXSSLibrary.dll

And here it is in action:
http://o2platform.wordpress.com/category/net/antixss/