[Owasp-o2-platform] [Owasp-dotnet] Using Cucumber for Security-focused UnitTest

dinis cruz dinis.cruz at owasp.org
Wed Mar 2 19:06:25 EST 2011

That is also my experience with WatiN.

WatiN is great for most of the automation, but once we need to go under the
hood, my O2 scripting environment provides the extra horse-power and
capabilities (btw you guys need to check out the latest Javascript support
in O2 (I have now a '2-way data communication channel' between O2 and the IE
(via Javascript))

That said, I'm having quite a lot of requests to integrate the O2 IE scripts
with other Frameworks (like Selelium and Cucumber) so I need to figure out a
way to do this.

I have to say, that I really like Cucumber's natural language Unit Test
writing. It makes very easy for non hard-core programmers to write those
tests. And they are easier to read (they also should be cross-language
compatible)

Dinis Cruz