[Owasp-o2-platform] [Owasp-leaders] What Javascript IDE do you use?

John Wilander john.wilander at owasp.org
Mon Jul 4 08:35:50 EDT 2011

I don't agree the leaders list should be silenced/moderated so I reply all ;). If you're annoyed just filter me out or at least get a email client with conversation support.

On 4 jul 2011, at 13:40, dinis cruz <dinis.cruz at owasp.org> wrote:

> Moving on to a geek subject :)
>
> I'm really getting into Javascript/jQuery there days (to the point where most likely the next version of O2 will be heavily based on Javascript), so my question do you is: What Javascript IDE do you use?

(This really is a StackOverflow kind of question so you will probably find good answers there. For instance http://stackoverflow.com/questions/209126/good-javascript-ide-with-jquery-support)

Since you mention jQuery I'm assuming you mean JavaScript + the DOM API and not server-side JavaScript. Right?

I use and love Jetbrains' WebStorm. You have to pay for it but I believe in paying for good software.
http://www.jetbrains.com/webstorm/

On the free software market there's Aptana, available both as stand-alone and Eclipse plugin (GPL):
http://www.aptana.com/

A lot of leet JavaScript developers prefer a rich editor over an IDE so you for instance see a lot of TextMate on Macs (commercial €45, academic & non-commercial free)
http://macromates.com/

I warmly welcome all OWASP leaders to the wonderful language JavaScript! I know some of you are already coding away brilliantly :).

   Regards, John