[Owasp-o2-platform] O2 problem - Throws exception in method streams view

dinis cruz dinis.cruz at owasp.org
Thu Jul 8 08:11:33 EDT 2010

Hi Erlend, thanks for reporting this issue (I was about to fix it since I
had the same problem yesterday during a demo I did to  bunch of Microsoft
guys :) )

I just fixed this bug and pushed it to the SVN Scripts folder.

So If you are running in a 32bit machine, the script/fix should be
automatically synced the next time you start O2. If you are on 64bit machine
you will need to manually run the Svn Sync Script (see
http://o2platform.com/wiki/How_to_-_Manually_update_the_rules_using_the_'Sync_Rules_Database_via_Svn'_wizard
)

As you can see by the location of the error
(c:\O2\O2Scripts_Database\_Scripts\Languages_and_Frameworks\DotNet\DotNet_Ast_Scanner\Ast_Engine\O2MappedAstData_ExtensionMethods.cs)
the problem was actually on a C# file that you have on your local disk and
is dynamically compiled when you run the AST_Engine file (the fix was a
simple check for a null reference and adding a try catch section). So next
time, see if you are able to fix it and then send me a patch using
"TortoiseSVN create patch capability" :)

I will push later today this fixt to the main MSI installer

Dinis Cruz

Blog: http://diniscruz.blogspot.com
Twitter: http://twitter.com/DinisCruz
Web: http://www.owasp.org/index.php/O2