[Owasp-o2-platform] OWASP/O2 US Tour Aug 9-17 (6 cities in 8 days)

John Steven jsteven at cigital.com
Mon Aug 9 07:53:20 EDT 2010

Dinis,

A tour of five or so people would be really interesting. The "No Fluff Just Stuff" Java tour would be a good model: speakers are hand-selected for technical capabilities and each conference is designed to be more like a working session than a series of talks/paid-training. Think about what happened last time you visited me--you got a spot of code to go home with for O2.

I suggest the following:

* Select a set of 5-10 speakers that can credibly conduct application assessment but who also write automation.
* Each speaker must sign up for at least 1-2 or 2/3 of the dates to ensure quorum
* Present topics ranging from the often separated penetration testing to code review to dynamic patch configuration, and hit the whole ecosystem of testing techniques facilitated by the O2 platform: program understanding & discovery --> Assessment --> Unit test production --> Patch creation.
* Configure the cost of the tour to be accessible to chapters but to aim at breaking even on the tour-participants travel reimbursement.
* (From Ireland) Produce round-robin O2 training speaker-selections from the quorum to deliver O2 training at major OWASP conferences, freeing you up to do more advanced demos prototypes more accessibly

I would love to be a part of the above. Our NoVA chapter would, of course, love to be a sponsoring venue.

----
John Steven
Senior Director; Advanced Technology Consulting
Desk: 703.404.9293 x1204 Cell: 703.727.4034
Key fingerprint = 4772 F7F3 1019 4668 62AD  94B0 AE7F EEF4 62D5 F908

Blog: http://www.cigital.com/justiceleague
Papers: http://www.cigital.com/papers/jsteven
http://www.cigital.com
Software Confidence. Achieved.