[Owasp-o2-platform] CAT.NET

Dinis Cruz dinis at ddplus.net
Wed Nov 25 08:00:17 EST 2009

Hi Erlend

Are you talking about the just released version of CAT.NET or the previous
version (v1)

For the previous version of CAT.NET (download it from
here<http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=0178e2ef-9da8-445e-9348-c93f24cc9f9d&displaylang=en>)
your can use the "O2 Scanner - MsCatNet" Module to trigger the scans and run
the conversion of its results into O2 Finding's format. For reference here
is how you can get this mode

   - ClickOnce (web install)
   http://deploy.o2-ounceopen.com/O2_Scanner_MsCatNet/
   - MSI (offline install):
   http://deploy.o2-ounceopen.com/_O2_MSI_Installers/O2_Scanner_MsCatNet.msi
   - All O2 Binaries:
   http://deploy.o2-ounceopen.com/_O2_MSI_Installers/_Bin_(O2_Binaries)%20%2009-Nov-09.zip

A nice feature of that O2 Module is that you can just point it to a directly
(for example the "Temporary ASP.NET files" folder) and fire an
CAT.NETscanner on all assemblies found :)

I have not completed my tests of using O2 with the latest version of CAT.NET.
As anybody here used this latest CAT.NET release? If so what is the current
capabilities parity with the previous version?

Dinis