[Owasp-o2-platform] Feedback

Brad Causey bradcausey at gmail.com
Tue Nov 24 13:20:44 EST 2009

See Inline

On Tue, Nov 24, 2009 at 12:07 PM, Dinis Cruz <dinis at ddplus.net> wrote:

> This is great news Brad, please dump as much info here regarding what are
> your requirements, objectives and deliverables (you can also use the O2
> Power-User Blogs which you have an account :) ).

The best way to 'consume' O2 is to have a very explicit set of problems that
> we can use O2 to solve. So Brad, are you able to list 5 items that you would
> like to do with O2?

This I can handle:

1. Scan java source. Such as WAR, JAR,  and EAR.
2. Scan Dot-net source. Compiled and otherwise.
3. Create a report from these scans that allows us to prioritize, browse,
etc.

Thats about it really. I've looked at findbugs and Yasca but findbugs is
just Java and Yasca's plugins appear broken on the latest release.

> Regarding training, there are already a couple commercial options that are
> available to you: Bruce or Ian from IBM/Ounce , Cigital (talk to John Steven
> since he knows the best ones),  Matt Parsons, and (if you fly them from
> Brazil) Wagner from Conviso. There are a couple others power-users out
> there, but I'm not sure I can mention their names :)

I would prefer to go through OWASP for this, thoughts?

> On the topic of O2 Users and Companies providing commercial services on top
> of O2, I've started a page here (
> http://www.owasp.org/index.php/OWASP_O2_Platform/WIKI/Active_O2_Users) and
> please feel free to add your name (It's a WIKI, just get an account and
> start editing)

Assuming we finalize our process and make this an authorized tool, we just
might do that. =)