[Owasp-Mumbai] Certification Help

Bishan Singh c70n3r at gmail.com
Fri Jun 19 02:18:50 EDT 2009

Deepak - Welcome. Here's a tip for you, reply to the email with the right
subject and not the digest. This would you fetch more replies & save time
for some of the folks.

To your question, GIAC doesn't provide study material. GIAC is a
certification body. SANS is the parent body that provides education related
to the certifications. Study material from SANS is not free. You will need
to avail some sort of training online, class-room & some other formats are
available. Unfortunately it is not easy on the pocket, they are usually
expensive. However if you know what certification you wish to take. Check
the track & relevant study topics in SANS course. Most of the topics you can
find from books, whitepapers & blogs. However you need to be seasoned pro to
do this. For a starter I always recommend taking up the SANS course. It is
well organized and whatever you get in GIAC exam is all there is those 5 to
6 days of SANS training.

Bishan