[Owasp-Mumbai] Can we help govt fight cyber crimes

Aashish Bobade aashishbobade at gmail.com
Thu Oct 23 00:28:56 EDT 2008

Hi Darmesh,

This is really a good idea. Awareness is required to stop cyber crime. At
the same time we have to take care that some one will not miss use it.
Security is kind of weapon which can be used for good or bad cause
simultaneously. Practically going everywhere will not be possible I think,
but we can prepare best practices for securing information, network and
publish it to maximum number of bogs, print pamphlets and distribute to
colleges and general people. We will mention our contact details on this
pamphlets so interested people can arrange seminar for us.

My experience regarding spreading awareness is that, people get afraid
instead of feeling secured after know how they will be hacked.

This is just my thought.

Thanks,

Ashish Bobade