[Owasp-modsecurity-core-rule-set] Using 3.0 ruleset

kause lotski kauselot at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 16 08:24:11 UTC 2015

Hi,
I was referring to this file https://github.com/SpiderLabs/owasp-modsecurity-crs/blob/v3.0.0-dev/INSTALL which mentions directories that don't exist in 3.0 branch (base_rules, experimental_rules etc ) - is it safe to presume rules directory is the same as base_rules in 2.x ?
Problem I hope to be at least somehow better ( I got this impression by reading tickets on github
) in 3.0 is that with 2.2.9 I basically need to disable most sql injection rules for any form field with user generated content (text fields, textareas etc) as this rules get triggered by UTF-8 encoded characters from Latin Extended-A - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia subset.

|   |
|   |   |   |   |   |
| Latin Extended-A - Wikipedia, the free encyclopediaLatin Extended-A is a block of the Unicode Standard. |
|  |
| View on en.wikipedia.org | Preview by Yahoo |
|  |
|   |

From: <owasp-modsecurity-core-rule-set-bounces at lists.owasp.org> on behalf of kause lotski <kauselot at yahoo.com>
Date: Monday, September 14, 2015 at 2:19 PM
To: "owasp-modsecurity-core-rule-set at lists.owasp.org" <owasp-modsecurity-core-rule-set at lists.owasp.org>

Hi,
as it seems 3.0 greatly improves extended character sets in unicode handling (false positives due to this characters), I would like to give it a try. But as structure has totally changed INSTALL instructions aren't correct anymore in 3.0 branch, can someone give me a quick guide? is there any ETA for 3.0 ?

Regards,Kause

This transmission may contain information that is privileged, confidential, and/or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of the information contained herein (including any reliance thereon) is strictly prohibited. If you received this transmission in error, please immediately contact the sender and destroy the material in its entirety, whether in electronic or hard copy format.