[OWASP-METRICS] Attack surface

Mark Curphey mark.curphey at foundstone.com
Thu Sep 23 13:35:34 EDT 2004

There was work on this done by E&Y validating Microsofts RASQ model.

 http://uk.builder.com/whitepapers/0,39026692,60048795p-39000888q,00.htm

As regards for the HTTP requests I keep coming back to the CSI report
each year that consistently reports over 60% of attacks are internal and
relating this back to my days at Schwab. The "serious" risk was not
through the front door but through the back door (no pun intended) or
side door (b2b). The side door was becoming HTTP thru web services but
the back door ranged from RMI, RPC, T-SQL and <insert choice here>....