[Owasp-Malaysia] Facebook Password Decryptor - Does It's Possi ble?

David Fetter david at fetter.org
Thu Mar 3 20:52:00 EST 2011

Protecting your Facebook password is a lot like trying to be modest
when you're already naked.

It's *really* important to understand that Facebook is not your
friend.  It's a multinational conglomerate that models you as a cheap
source of information it can sell to others.  Its business model has
been this from the very beginning, and is less likely to change
significantly from it than Malaysia is to become a strictly Christian
country.

If people don't like this reality, it's on them to build and maintain
social networking systems which are not based on this kind of
exploitation.

Here are a few :)

http://techcrunch.com/2010/11/25/onesocialweb-appleseed-elgg-insoshi/

Cheers,