[OWASP-Malaysia] DDoS Defence Guide Released France CERT

Fathi Kamil Zainuddin cikgufatah at gmail.com
Wed Jun 22 00:41:38 EDT 2011

Or we can hide the real ip using something like CloudFlare. Such as an example http://www.zonegeek.tk/ .Wallahualam.
Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone

-----Original Message-----
From: Harisfazillah Jamel <linuxmalaysia at gmail.com>
Sender: owasp-malaysia-bounces at lists.owasp.org
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2011 12:07:23
To: Open Web Application Security Project (OWASP) Malaysia Local Chapter<owasp-malaysia at lists.owasp.org>
Subject: Re: [OWASP-Malaysia] DDoS Defence Guide Released France CERT

Team,

Immediate action that we can do is to lower the TTL of the DNS.

Under Preparation step

Confirm DNS time-to-live (TTL) settings for the systems that  might be
attacked. Lower the TTLs, if necessary, to facilitate DNS  redirection
if the original IP addresses get attacked. 600 is a good  TTL value.

Why?

Cache for DNS (ISP level, users DNS cache level) can be expired much
more faster so any redirection that we do by using Domain name can be
done immediately.

On Wed, Jun 22, 2011 at 11:07 AM, Harisfazillah Jamel
<linuxmalaysia at gmail.com> wrote:
> Republish for Operation Defence Malaysia.
>
> DDoS Defence Guide Released France CERT
>
> http://bit.ly/mcsrki
>
> The original page with others publication by French Cert.
>
> http://cert.societegenerale.com/fr/publications.html

OWASP Malaysia Wiki
http://www.owasp.my

OWASP Malaysia Facebook