[Owasp-Malaysia] [JOB] Security Analysis at DELL
admin at owasp.my
Sun Jan 30 21:26:08 EST 2011
*Job Description** *
*Security Analysis Advisor-1008VDXB*
*Contact for resumes
Kee Hoe (Kee_Hoe_Lau at Dell.com)
As a member of the Compliance and Information Security – Security Consulting
team, the Security Analysis Advisor will drive enhancement of the overall
Information Security program at Dell by enabling the business to deliver
secure solutions. Security Consultants provide guidance to the entire
company in every area influencing IT, Legal, Finance, HR, Services, Product
Group, Dell Financial Services, Dell Services, and Dell Managed Services.
This is an internally-facing role, and may occasionally require travel to
other Dell locations.
•Defines and implements information security & governance strategies and
•Works with engineering teams to define and refine information security and
systems management policies and settings for application, database, and
•Monitors and assesses vendor and 3rd party information security
reports/lists and provides process enhancement requirements to Dell’s
product management teams and application vendors for future application
• Provides security guidance for traditional network and platform-based
Infrastructure security technology
•Coordinates, administers, manages and monitors the use of security tools to
identify anomalous events and security infractions that exploit system
•Provides analysis of potential risk to information security and recommends
•Creates and maintains information security documentation.
• This role may support very large, fast-paced IT development teams, Product
Development Groups, rapidly expanding managed services business, and a
high-volume financial services organization.
•PCI/Regulatory Compliance Consulting
•Communicates information security procedures to user community regarding
secure application usage & data reporting.
•Reviews and recommends changes to information security and governance
• In-depth disciplinary knowledge; leverages business acumen and subject
- Provides subject matter expertise, advice and program delivery.
- Contributes to the development of new techniques and plans within area
•In-depth understanding of company goals, customer requirements and
knowledge of competitor practices.
• Thorough understanding of business priorities, strategy and direction.
• Thorough understanding and management of customer business needs and
• Works on abstract and complex problems requiring evaluation of intangible
• Integrates trends, data and information into plans, deliverables and
• Adapts projects or methods based on customer or business partner feedback.
• Work is guided by business plans for the discipline.
- Actively participates in setting area objectives to meet plans.
- Escalates matters of business risk.
- Influences others through their professional/technical expertise.
• Manages critical projects, customer engagements or business processes.
- Guides completion of major projects or customer engagements.
• Allocates work and mentors others.
• Contributes to the area through delivery of end results and contribution
to planning for the area.
• Provides thought leadership, guidance and advice in own field.
• Works across the organization to effectively obtain and allocate resources
to complete programs and projects on time.
• Adapts communication techniques for audiences at multiple internal and
- Presents facts and information to help determine mutually acceptable
- Delegates clearly and comfortably.
• Cultivates, develops and manages strong, lasting customer relationships at
senior management level.
• May assist in managing vendor relationships.
*Job Duty Differentiators*
• Helps define information security strategies and procedures.
• May lead audits and review designs for information security issues.
• Acts as source for direction, training and guidance for less experienced
information security professionals.
• Acts as project leader on projects of short to moderate duration.
• Prioritizes own work and may have duties instructing, directing,
assigning and overseeing work of less senior workers.
• Applied knowledge of risk management concepts.
• Knowledge of systems and network administration.
• Knowledge and application of globally accepted security standards.
• Knowledge of network security that pertains to communications, computer
system environments and related infrastructures.
• Knowledge of server and desktop configurations that will protect systems
from unauthorized access and software invasion.
• Undergraduate degree and 4-6 years relevant experience, or
• Graduate degree in Information Technology or related field and 2-4 years
• Strongly preferred: CSSLP, CISSP, or CEH
Information Technology - Security Analysis
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Owasp-Malaysia