[Owasp-Malaysia] Top posting vs Bottom posting - which one is OK for you

najmi.zabidi at gmail.com najmi.zabidi at gmail.com
Mon Jan 10 02:05:12 EST 2011

I do saw one, but nobody seems to unsubscribe(at least that I know)
because it's the only software that actively being used. And the
developer,is very quick in responding to emails. Nevertheless we just
follow his style.

Seems that bottom-posting being used by techie ppl & top-post by corporate ones.

As here;

" DO NOT TOP-POST and DO trim your replies!!! Top-posting is the
annoying practice of replying to a message by typing your response
above that to which you are responding. This is a Bad Thing™ because
your readers will have to scroll down and extract the essential of the
existing thread in order to grasp the context of your reply, and then
scroll back up again to read your repl"

However I'm not necessarily agree with this since if we're practicing
"bottom posting", we still need to read the quote, unless if it was
trimmed. But, top posting seems no different.