[Owasp-Malaysia] Open Source Security Tools OWASP Malaysia - KL GreenHat 2011 UniKL - Feedback Need For Slide

Salahudin Wan Khairuzzaman salahudin at cybersecurity.my
Thu Feb 10 23:32:15 EST 2011

Salam,

On 2/10/11 5:32 PM, Hazrul Hamzah wrote:
> Salam Bro Haris,
>
> Baru cek email and I guess my comment is kinda late. Love the presentation
> slides and the content is wonderful. I believe the audience will benefit a
> lot from this presentation (I can't stop reading each of the slides and
> wish I was one of the participants)
>
> Anyway this is my comment. In term of whether these should be included or
> not is up to you lah ;)
>
> Monitoringslide 18 - snort gui besides acid snorby /squert / sguil

Yes, Acid/base frontend is kinda not widely used anymore, now people
turns to web 2.0 contents / framework. should look also for the
preconfigured image, snorby spsa http://bailey.st/blog/snorby-spsa/

thanks :)

> Education - slide 23 = Management, no ict security policy and if have they
> are the ones who didn't adhere to it (so educate the management and not
> only the user)
>
> Add - response as well. Since attack/hack eventually will happened either
> from internal or external, at least the admins must be prepared on
> responding to incidents or performing initial respond/handling. Even end
> user can perform their initial investigation by using built in tools in
> their OS.
>
> -No one is judged anymore by how they prevent incidents. Everyone gets
> hacked. Instead, organizations are judged by how they detect, respond, and
> recover-
>
> Anyway hats off to you bro for the good slides :)
>
>> Assalamualaikum and salam sejahtera,
>>
>> Feedback Need For Slide http://greenhat.my/
>>
>> http://www.scribd.com/doc/48505680/Open-Source-Security-Tools-OWASP-Malaysia-KL-GreenHat-2011-UniKL
>>
>> Thank you
>>
>> OWASP Malaysia Wiki
>> http://www.owasp.org/index.php/Malaysia
>>
>> OWASP Malaysia Wiki Facebook
>> http://www.facebook.com/pages/OWASP-Malaysia-Local-Chapter/295989208420

> OWASP Malaysia Wiki
> http://www.owasp.org/index.php/Malaysia
>
> OWASP Malaysia Wiki Facebook
> http://www.facebook.com/pages/OWASP-Malaysia-Local-Chapter/295989208420

Disclaimer:

“This email (and any attachment to it) is confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. CyberSecurity Malaysia assumes no liability whatsoever for the content of this email or for the consequences of actions taken based on such content unless it is subsequently confirmed in writing. Unintended recipients are notified that disclosing, copying or distributing of this email, or acting based on its contents, is strictly prohibited; and you are to immediately and permanently delete or destroy this email and notify the sender forthwith.