[Owasp-Malaysia] Open Source Security Tools OWASP Malaysia - KL GreenHat 2011 UniKL - Feedback Need For Slide

Hazrul Hamzah hazrul at hazrulnz.net
Thu Feb 10 04:32:32 EST 2011

Salam Bro Haris,

Baru cek email and I guess my comment is kinda late. Love the presentation
slides and the content is wonderful. I believe the audience will benefit a
lot from this presentation (I can't stop reading each of the slides and
wish I was one of the participants)

Anyway this is my comment. In term of whether these should be included or
not is up to you lah ;)

Monitoringslide 18 - snort gui besides acid snorby /squert / sguil

Education - slide 23 = Management, no ict security policy and if have they
are the ones who didn't adhere to it (so educate the management and not
only the user)

Add - response as well. Since attack/hack eventually will happened either
from internal or external, at least the admins must be prepared on
responding to incidents or performing initial respond/handling. Even end
user can perform their initial investigation by using built in tools in
their OS.

-No one is judged anymore by how they prevent incidents. Everyone gets
hacked. Instead, organizations are judged by how they detect, respond, and
recover-

Anyway hats off to you bro for the good slides :)