[Owasp-Malaysia] The Best, Secure and lightier HTTPD

Sharuzzaman Ahmat Raslan sharuzzaman at gmail.com
Wed Sep 29 23:02:02 EDT 2010

If your main issue is slowness, you should try to look at where is the
bottleneck.

Is it at the database, or the webserver not able to serve quickly, or
the php is taking a long time to parse the code, or something else.

In Enterprise environment, webserver and database server should reside
on different machine, so that proper tuning to the application
behaviour can be performed.

Webserver need tuning on network I/O so that it can serve the packet
as fast as possible, but database server need tuning on disk I/O so
that in can read the data in the disk as fast as possible.

Hardware specification also need to be looked. If one instance of
Joomla requires for example 128MB of RAM, 30 instance would need
around 3.8GB of RAM. That is the lowest expectation. Other factor need
to be considered as well.

Just changing the webserver software will not magically make your
problem goes away.

--
Sharuzzaman Ahmat Raslan