[Owasp-Malaysia] Man In The Middle Attack Wireless

Hazrul Hamzah hazrul at hazrulnz.net
Fri Sep 24 08:17:20 EDT 2010

 Based on the blog post, plenty of tools can be used to perform such
attacks. Nowadays tools are getting more "user friendly" and yeah since
he's using insecure Wifi facility -visible network packets/traffics -
perhaps webmitm, dnsspoof can be used. Or perhaps sidejacking with
ferret and hamster is much more easier. But based on the symptoms or the
screenshots, it is more monkey in the middle attack compared to
sidejacking (I prefer this one).

So, never access your private accounts using insecure or open ap
wireless environment. Guna la broadband.. :D

p/s: besides I believe nobody actually read/understand/concern on the
warning popups regarding the cert validity. Usually we just click "Add
exception" and "proceed" :D

That's my 2 halala

Thanks