[Owasp-Malaysia] Man In The Middle Attack Wireless

Fathi Kamil Zainuddin cikgufatah at gmail.com
Fri Sep 24 07:38:31 EDT 2010

There is https/ssl mitm in the cain & abel using fake private/public key. It intercepts the ssl handshake and providing the fake key (if the key is not trusted) to the client. In my previous test, my friend realized a fake ssl for maybank site when I'm running the attack, and he told me maybank has been hacked (but not). For wireless (not ethernet) layer 2, there is utility like airpwn and karma for this kind of attack. I haven't read yet the blog but to answer first the question. Wallahualam.
Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone

OWASP Malaysia Wiki
http://www.owasp.org/index.php/Malaysia

OWASP Malaysia Wiki Facebook