[Owasp-Malaysia] KeyScrambler Personal encrypts your keystrokes - Does This Really Work

David Fetter david at fetter.org
Tue Sep 14 02:35:20 EDT 2010

On Tue, Sep 14, 2010 at 08:38:55AM +0800, Harisfazillah Jamel wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 14, 2010 at 1:29 AM, David Fetter <david at fetter.org> wrote:
> > On Tue, Sep 14, 2010 at 12:37:55AM +0800, Harisfazillah Jamel
> > wrote: As far as defending against actual keylogging attacks, it's
> > pretty helpless against ones that target they keyboard hardware.
> >  I'd say if your computer is compromised to the point of having
> > keyboard loggers installed, your chances of keeping anything
> > private on it are approximately zero.
>
> Yes. The only way to save yourself is to format the OS or use your
> own hardware that you already scan and know its not infected by
> keylogger software.

I don't know how to point this out gently, so I'll be blunt.  Malware
is a problem which affects exactly and only proprietary platforms.

There is not a single piece of FreeBSD or Linux malware out there in
the wild, nor is there likely to be any time soon.  If malware is a
concern to you, keep that fact firmly in mind.

Cheers,
David.
--
David Fetter <david at fetter.org> http://fetter.org/