[Owasp-Malaysia] [SPAM] RE: Fwd: Alert: Your Account Was Revoked

Azharuddin Ahmad Jais azhar at arsa.com.my
Wed May 12 06:52:24 EDT 2010

Heh. Good 'ol phishing. The thing is, banks prefer written hardcopies where
notices are involved & they don't send email notifications unless
specifically requested for by the customer.

I don't suppose that in this case the phisher tried to spoof the bank's
sender address as well? If not, then that the first warning sign. The 2nd
sign would be that link. I've personally never come across any instances
where my bank would actually ask me in any email notification to provide
login particulars or to log in to e-banking sites much less providing links
within the email to do so.

It's these kind of emails which very much validate the first rule of email
security - do not believe/comply with anything inside any unsolicited
emails.

Azharuddin Ahmad Jais
ARSA

Skype: davidfetter      XMPP: david.fetter at gmail.com