[Owasp-Malaysia] The Curious Case of FOSS paid developer

Mohd Fazli Azran mfazliazran at gmail.com
Tue Dec 14 21:14:46 EST 2010

That was very interesting topic and will blow out to OSS community world.
The quote are below:

*"*Long time no talk.  If you will recall, a while back I was the CTO at
NETSEC and arranged funding and donations for the OpenBSD Crypto
Framework.  At that same time I also did some consulting for the FBI,
for their GSA Technical Support Center, which was a cryptologic
reverse engineering project aimed at backdooring and implementing key
escrow mechanisms for smart card and other hardware-based computing
technologies.

My NDA with the FBI has recently expired, and I wanted to make you
aware of the fact that the FBI implemented a number of backdoors and
side channel key leaking mechanisms into the OCF, for the express
purpose of monitoring the site to site VPN encryption system
implemented by EOUSA, the parent organization to the FBI.  Jason
Wright and several other developers were responsible for those
backdoors, and you would be well advised to review any and all code
commits by Wright as well as the other developers he worked with
originating from NETSEC.

This is also probably the reason why you lost your DARPA funding, they
more than likely caught wind of the fact that those backdoors were
present and didn't want to create any derivative products based upon
the same.

This is also why several inside FBI folks have been recently
advocating the use of OpenBSD for VPN and firewalling implementations
in virtualized environments, for example Scott Lowe is a well
respected author in virtualization circles who also happens top be on
the FBI payroll, and who has also recently published several tutorials
for the use of OpenBSD VMs in enterprise VMware vSphere deployments.*"*
*
*
What people will think about this and it will blow out like Wikileaks. Are
this people already plan from beginning sign internet explode to the world.
This only one but maybe we can see more exposure. For me it like conspiracy.
True or not we now facing it

On Wed, Dec 15, 2010 at 9:05 AM, najmi.zabidi at gmail.com <
najmi.zabidi at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,