[Owasp-live-cd-2008-project] Ubuntu 11 vs. WTE

OWASP Live CD 2008 Project owasp-live-cd-2008-project at lists.owasp.org
Mon Feb 27 21:16:53 UTC 2012

Hi Matt,

So I'm updating my OWASP WTE virtual machine. Things are mostly working out just fine, but a couple minor glitches -- and a (probably related)  question...

FIrst, on a couple of the packages, I'm getting some error messages about files not existing. For example:

xdg-icon-resource: file '/tmp/owasp-wte-burpsuite/owasp-wte-menu-icon.png' does not exist
xdg-icon-resource: file '/tmp/owasp-wte-burpsuite/owasp-wte-burpsuite-icon.png' does not exist
xdg-desktop-menu: file '/tmp/owasp-wte-burpsuite/owasp-owasp.directory' does not exist

Perhaps related, I notice that some of the OWASP menu launchers for some of the applications have disappeared. For example, webgoat installs just fine, but the launch button on the menu is no longer present. Any quick win for restoring these back on the OWASP menu?

If this works, I'll also be installing a fresh Ubuntu 11 and seeing how that works. For now, I'm just updating the 10.x system.

Thanks!

Cheers,

Ken van Wyk