[Owasp-live-cd-2008-project] Ubuntu 11 vs. WTE

OWASP Live CD 2008 Project owasp-live-cd-2008-project at lists.owasp.org
Fri Feb 24 01:51:53 UTC 2012

Ken,

I've done both without issues but tend to prefer a "fresh" install
generally if its an option that's not too painful/costly.  I am assuming
you mean updating _Ubuntu_ to 11.10 from a previous release then installing
the WTE tools on a fresh host/virtual machine.

However, if I read that wrong or just to cover the bases, I wanted to point
out...

If you have a running Ubuntu (for example 11.04) pointing at the WTE repo,
the fact that I rev'ed up the minor version numbers should trigger those
packages to be updated outside of the reminders Ubuntu does to nudge users
to their latest release.  The normal "apt-get update" & "apt-get upgrade"
would also update the couple of packages I updated recently.  This is true
generally for the WTE tools, particularly between releases of "formal"
VMware and VirtualBox instances.

HTH

--
-- Matt Tesauro