[Owasp-live-cd-2008-project] Lions and tigers and TOOLS! Oh, my!

OWASP Live CD 2008 Project owasp-live-cd-2008-project at lists.owasp.org
Tue Aug 26 11:23:54 EDT 2008

Fabio, I've answered inline below:

OWASP Live CD 2008 Project wrote:

> Hi Matt,
>
> This looks very impressive.. well done!
Thank you very much.  Sleep has been rather rare for periods of this
summer so I really appreciate the positive feedback.

> Is the tool Lunker going to be included here?
I will be considered after it is launched.  I think you got caught up in
an unfortunate situation with the OWASP Live CD in general.  I'm not the
author of that tool.

Lunker is written by Josh Perrymon (http://www.packetfocus.com/).  Josh
did the original OWASP Live CD during an Autumn of Code 2006 & Spring of
Code 2007.  I am doing a Summer of Code 2008 project to update the OWASP
 Live CD.  When I applied for the SoC, it appeared that the Live CD was
dormant so I changed the underlying distro for the Live CD.  Only
recently did I hear from Josh and find out he intended to release a new
version.

   I apologize for the confusion.  I've asked (and will ask again) that
some sort of different names be used for the two Live CDs so that this
doesn't continue to be a problem.

I'll post a PDF of the talk I'll be giving later today at the local
OWASP chapter on the project's Wiki (http://mtesauro.com/livecd).  I'll
announce that here when its up.  Look at slides 6 & 22 for info on
Josh's Live CD - slide 23 references a non-OWASP similar live CD.  The
rest is about the SoC 2008 version I'm working on.

-- Matt Tesauro