[Owasp-leaders] don't allow explicit discrimination 🙏🏿 (women only)

Timur 'x' Khrotko [owasp] timur at owasp.org
Mon Mar 18 11:00:21 UTC 2019

Paweł, thanks for the notes!

I disagree at one particular point:
You wouldn't announce a 'Poles only' workshop at Confidence, however
announcing one workshop in Polish at an international conference would be
totally appropriate.

Also let me quite (with permission) one of our Polish friends commenting on
this thread:

There seems to be a rather simple solution to this particular issue.
Instead of labeling it as 'women only', it could maybe be stated that the
target audience is women (junior/inexperienced) but anyone could come.

Also I think the woman running this training is actually working AGAINST
her
stated goal. The way to include women in the community is to integrate
them,
not close them in women-only groups, as this purpotes their separation and
isolation. Unless of course the real goal is different from the stated
one...

<<<