[Owasp-leaders] Google Summer of Code 2019

Bjoern Kimminich bjoern.kimminich at owasp.org
Thu Feb 28 15:15:57 UTC 2019

Thanks a lot, Harold!

Having been selected by Google for 2 years in a row makes this even more
exciting! At least from Juice Shop perspective I'm seeing a great number of
interested students already and 4 of them already started contributing
significantly to the project on GitHub! Looking forward for some hopefully
amazing project proposals next month!

A small question: As the Coding-phase (27.05 - 19.08.) overlaps with the
Open Security Summit, could projects consider to bring their most promising
student(s) to that event? Same for the mentors? The summit is quite
expensive to sponsor the full costs from project budgets, but maybe for
GSoC-participants there could be some special deal with OSS?

Cheers,
Björn