[Owasp-leaders] Retiring Mailman - the plan

Dirk Wetter dirk at owasp.org
Wed Feb 27 14:27:35 UTC 2019

Hi,

all. Please keep in mind that a fool with a tool is still a fool.

Any CMS -- Wikis are belonging to the CMS category too -- sucks if you can't operate it or you
don't have a housekeeper taking care in different respects of the content.

Discussion around mailman: I am deeply concerned how we operate our infrastructure (patches
missing for five years, not setting priorities) and how we make decisions. I have an
infrastructure background even before Linux was available.

It was kind of a frustrating experience for me to argue with either blackholes here (no
response), getting the same responses over and over without replying to my arguments or just
shouts on the mailing list "discourse", "tool X". It was just wasted life time ...

Maybe it's also a mindset / cultural difference, I don't know.

Dirk

--
OWASP Volunteer
Send me encrypted mails (Key ID 0xD0A74569)