[Owasp-leaders] Massive spam problem on mailing lists?

Matt Tesauro matt.tesauro at owaspfoundation.org
Mon Feb 25 19:48:18 UTC 2019

I'd highly recommend list owners look at the settings Bjorn sent and
determine if they are correct for their lists.

We are in the process of retiring Mailman and moving any remaining list
over to Google Groups.  The specific plan with dates, the process, etc will
be posted on the wiki and shared as widely as feasible in the next day or
so.

TLDR on increased SPAM:  As I said on Feb 12th here
<http://lists.owasp.org/pipermail/owasp-leaders/2019-February/019663.html>:

[snip] Barracuda,
BTW, is also unlicensed and continues to work without any agreement in
place.  Thanks to Barracuda for now cutting us off.[snip]

Ironically, Barracuda did an audit of customers and sent us an email last
week that our account was very expired and will be turned on on March
24th.  We will not be renewing the Barracuda license nor requesting donated
service (which is what Barracuda has done for 5+ years)

Cheers!

--
-- Matt Tesauro
*OWASP Foundation*
matt.tesauro at owaspfoundation.org

Consider giving back, and supporting the open source community by becoming
a member <https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Membership> or making a donation
<https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Donate> today!