[Owasp-leaders] An Update from the Global Board of Directors

Justin Ferguson justin.ferguson at owasp.org
Wed Feb 13 20:59:03 UTC 2019

Owen & Bil - I'm reading through this committees 2.0 document, and I have
... questions.

> A committee should have also a board with at least 5 members, each one
> having a specific role. Common roles:

>    Meetings/Conferences, although specific roles can be created at the
>    discretion of the committee
>
> So this is saying that in order for, say, a Marketing Committee to even
get off the ground, it has to have a committee leader, plus a Secretary, a
PR/Marketing Person, a Web person, a Membership person, and a
Meetings/Conferences person?  This seems like a ton of overhead to get a
committee off the ground.  Am I missing something?

I would be 100% willing to lead a Marketing Committee, but this just seems
like we're asking for a ton of overheard for something that seems like it
could be done with 2-4 people total.

JF