[Owasp-leaders] Projects Town Hall Reminder

Matt Tesauro matt.tesauro at owasp.org
Fri Sep 28 13:56:24 UTC 2018

Simon,

Yes, that meeting is still on.

There's a name space collision going on - and that's mostly on me. These
are actually two very different meetings technically speaking

We (Karen and myself) came up with the idea of the Leaders Town Hall
meetings as a way for the whole community (Chapter Leaders + Project
Leaders primarily) to get an update + provide feedback.  I set them up, did
the email outs, etc.

After I'd already sent out the first email blast, we (Harold, Karen and I)
realized that Harold had already scheduled meetings for Project Leaders
that he had named "Project Town Halls"

Then confusion ensued.

The net of all this is:
(1) Anybody can come to any of the Town Hall meetings - Leaders or Project
ones.  OWASP is open after all.
(2) I suspect that any leader (project or chapter) would be interested in
the Leaders Town Hall - the scope is over-arching things for the OWASP
Community as a whole
(3) I suspect that any project leader would be interested in the Project
Town Hall - the scope is project specific topics for project leaders

Finally, for 2019, we are just going to have Leaders Town Halls - and not
do separate Project Town halls.  They were already scheduled and announced
before we realized the mistake so we ran with it.

Does that make sense?

Sorry for the confusion.  We figured that running with it was less worse
then trying to reschedule, re-label, etc.

--
-- Matt Tesauro
*OWASP Foundation*
matt.tesauro at owasp.org

Consider giving back, and supporting the open source community by becoming
a member <https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Membership> or making a donation
<https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Donate> today!

Join us at AppSec USA 2018 <https://2018.appsecusa.org/> 8-12 October in
San Jose, CA!