[Owasp-leaders] chapter leader contract

Sam Stepanyan sam.stepanyan at owasp.org
Sun Sep 23 21:53:57 UTC 2018

Hi Ade,

Chapter Leader is first of all a volunteer, so technically speaking
cannot be "fired" as it is not a paid job.

All your concerns are addressed by the Chapter Handbook - here is the
link directly to the "Governance" Section:

https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Chapter_Handbook/Chapter_5:_Governance

I suggest you read it carefully, especially the "Disputes" section which
states:

"If you feel that a chapter leader is not acting in accordance with the
chapter handbook, please follow the following hierarchy in escalating
your concern:

1. Bring your concern to the attention of the chapter leader or chapter
board. If possible, make an attempt to handle the issue locally.
2. If you are unable to resolve at the local level, please contact the
Community Manager through the contact us form.
3. If the Community Manager is not able to handle your concern or you
would like to challenge the feedback/decision of the Community Manager,
the concern can be raised with the Global OWASP Board.
4. If you feel an Code of Ethics violation has occurred, you may review
the Whistleblower Policy for instructions on how to file a complaint."

I hope this helps.

Best regards,
Sam

--

Sam Stepanyan
OWASP London Chapter Leader
sam.stepanyan at owasp.org
https://www.owasp.org/index.php/London
Follow OWASP London Chapter on Twitter: @owasplondon
"Like" us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/OWASPLondon

Consider giving back and supporting the open community by becoming an OWASP member today!