[Owasp-leaders] Tips for running small chapter with little funds

Martín Villalba martin.villalba at owasp.org
Mon Sep 17 06:17:06 UTC 2018

Hi Takaharu,

Thanks for sharing your ideas and a nice overview of your local chapter
activities.  It seems it's going very well, so congrats!  I think that
these ideas to run a chapter with little to no funds are particularly
important nowadays, as we all continue to help the foundation financially
until we get it to a good place again.  I'm a brand new chapter leader
myself (Santa Barbara, CA) and will be applying some of your ideas (and
hopefully sharing my own as well) in the near future.

I also really like the fact that you take the chance to do a cultural
exchange with your speakers/visitors.  I'm a traveler myself and that's
exactly what I enjoy the most; hanging out with locals and learning about
their culture.

Cheers,
Martín.