[Owasp-leaders] [balint:7407] Re: [OWASP-chapters] Proposal for OWASP Global Chapters Committee

Matt Tesauro matt.tesauro at owasp.org
Thu Sep 13 22:05:34 UTC 2018

Ramiro,

To be frank, your post is completely inappropriate and violates at least
this item in OWASP's code of ethics
<https://www.owasp.org/index.php/About_The_Open_Web_Application_Security_Project#Code_of_Ethics>
:

   - Not intentionally injure or impugn the professional reputation of
   practice of colleagues, clients, or employers;

I will not tolerate posts of this nature to anyone in the OWASP
community - *and
staff is part of the community*.  I expect to see your future posts to the
leaders list be civil and constructive.

To answer your unfortunately worded post:  It would appear you didn't
understand her reply.  Let me rephrase it so that you may better understand
what Dawn is currently working on with my full knowledge and approval:

We are going through the inventory of chapters and cleaning
up/de-activating chapters which do not meet the minimal requirements per
the chapter handbook - principally having fewer then 4 meetings per year.

While she is doing this work, we are not accepting new chapters in the
regions that haven't been audited.  So far, she's completed the US and EU -
the geographical regions with the most chapters.

Her email simply stated that she's currently working on aka _auditing_ the
Latin America region and not opening any chapters until the audit of that
region is complete.

Obviously she knows that Ecuador is in Latin America since the fact that
she's auditing that region is an issue with handling your request.

If you'd like me to further explain the reasons for conducting the
audit/review of existing chapters, I'd be happy to discuss it further
assuming you can be civil and abide by the OWASP Code of Ethics.

Cheers!

--
-- Matt Tesauro
*OWASP Foundation*
matt.tesauro at owasp.org

Consider giving back, and supporting the open source community by becoming
a member <https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Membership> or making a donation
<https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Donate> today!

Join us at AppSec USA 2018 <https://2018.appsecusa.org/> 8-12 October in
San Jose, CA!