[Owasp-leaders] [balint:7407] Re: [OWASP-chapters] Proposal for OWASP Global Chapters Committee

Timur 'x' Khrotko [owasp] timur at owasp.org
Thu Sep 13 18:24:55 UTC 2018

Ofer, while there maybe an issue that there are some cases of people
parazitizing on the owasp goodwill. But how high is this issue on the list
of the current owasp issues? I hear voices that owasp/foundation is/are in
crises, and there are high priority/critical issues to deal with.

On the other hand what does foundation do in addressing the problem you
mentioned? My experience is that Dawn did shut down the Hungary chapter
around christmas wo any prior notice. The notice came from wiki that our
page was deactivated. Formally they didn't see recent meetups on the wiki
page. Practically they didn't click on the meetup.com link there to see the
meetup activity. And it was only Tiffany who apologized for that.

Now i had a formal letter from Dawn that our chapter will be shut down as
we didn't do any meetups this year (true). Maybe she could ask first how
may the foundation help us in doing meetups?!

So my observation is that besides many great things )) the foundation also
makes nonsense repressive moves, sends nonsense long replies, and they send
some of our requests to dev/null.

Respect,
Timur

--